Does your fiction feel flabby?
Are your sentences sagging?
Does your happily-ever-after seem long-ago-and-far-away?
If so, it’s time to pump up those pages and exercise your editing power!
Award-winning children’s author Lisa Wheeler will help you strengthen your picture book writing.
You’ll learn to:
Trim the fat!
Cut unnecessary word-calories!
Add muscle to your manuscripts!
When: February 25–27, 2011
• Friday 7–9 p.m.: When Words and Pictures Meet: a hands-on workshop with sisters Robin Luebs (author/illustrator) and Deborah Ruddell (author)
• Saturday 9 a.m.–Sunday noon: Lisa Wheeler’s Picture Book Boot Camp
Where: Hawthorn Suites Hotel, 101 Trade Center Drive, Champaign, IL 61820; (217) 398-3400
Price: $225 for SCBWI members, $240 for non-members. It includes:
• When Words and Pictures Meet workshop and Picture Book Boot Camp
• Written manuscript critique by Lisa Wheeler
• All meals from Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch
• Placement in a manuscript exchange group (MEG) for peer feedback during program
• The price does not include lodging. These group rates are available at the Hawthorn Suites: king suite with pullout couch ($94.99), double suite with two double beds and a pullout couch ($99.99). For Hawthorn Suites details, visit http://www.hawthorn.com/Hawthorn/control/Booking/property_info?propertyId=30805.
• Free in-town hosting is also available with local SCBWI members upon request.
• Only 40 slots are available.
• The registration deadline is January 12. The registration form is available at http://www.scbwi-illinois.org.
• Contact Sara Latta with questions at email@example.com.