Published authors and illustrators have until March 5, 2008, to take advantage of a great promotional opportunity – and you don’t even have to leave home to do it!
It is the 2008 Illinois Reading Council Conference to be held March 13-15 in Springfield, Illinois.
The spotlight will be on our membership this year. Fifty SCBWI-Illinois authors and illustrators have been invited to meet with attendees at an Illinois Author Luncheon. SCBWI-Illinois will host a booth at the conference to promote members’ books, and author and illustrator visits. Thousands of teachers, booksellers and administrators will be there.
Last year, our SCBWI booth was a huge success. Having members’ books on display and passing out promotional materials created many new connections.
An enthusiastic group of SCBWI volunteers from Springfield and central Illinois are ready to sell YOU and your books. To be included, consider sending the following type of materials:
• Pamphlets, flyers, posters, news articles, postcards or pictures of you and your work
• Pictures of school visits in action
• Full-size color copy of your book cover
• Letters from children post-presentation
• Two autographed books: one for display and one for a raffle giveaway
• Information about awards you have earned
• Any other promotional information you have available
Books and materials should be mailed to Louann Brown, 905 S. First St. Gillespie, IL 62033, by March 5, 2008. Materials cannot be returned, but leftovers will be kept for redistribution the following year. If you donate two books, one will be kept and returned to the display for a four-year run and the other book is donated to the IRC/SCBWI ‘08 key giveaway for a lucky teacher/administrator attending the conference.