Times are tough. No doubt about it. Demands on educators' time and resources devour the chance for classrooms to have fun celebrating books and reading. That's why I make my school presentations as fun and funny as I can while including valuable information to inspire students and help educators meet the demands placed upon them.
* K-8: Individually tailored programs to fit each groups age, curriculum and interests. I use humor to engage kids at all ages.
* K - 2: I use storytelling and my picture books to explore characters, ideas, and other elements of fiction and writing.
* Grades 3 - 5: Using my novels, I teach kids about the process and joy of writing.
* 6+1 Traits of Writing: I offer both small-group writing workshops and large-group presentations focusing on the ideas, word choice, organization, sentence fluency, and voice.
* Common Core State Standards: I design my programs to incorporate the Common Core Standards for writing & reading.
* Family Literacy, library events and young author programs.
* Three Silly Chicks: Andrea Beaty, Julia Durango & Carolyn Crimi are three funny chicks who write funny books. Find us on Facebook!
ATTACK OF THE FLUFFY BUNNIES
(Humorous mid-grade/graphic novel hybrid.)
Illustrated by Dan Santat.
SECRETS OF THE CICADA SUMMER
DORKO THE MAGNIFICENT (2013)
THE FRACTIOUS CAT (2015)
My Picture Books:
HIDE AND SHEEP
Illustrated by Bill Mayer
HUSH, BABY GHOSTLING
Illustrated by Pascal LeMaitre
IGGY PECK, ARCHITECT - Time Magazine Top 10 Kid's Books of 2007
ROSIE REVERE, ENGINEER (2013)
MADAME CHAPEAU (2014)
Illustrated by David Roberts
WHEN GIANTS COME TO PLAY
Illustrated by Kevin Hawkes
For more information, please visit my website or e-mail me. Thank you!
here to return to Speakers Directory
here to return to Main Page